Rambling travelogs from a world traveler

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Northern Lights

 "I can see how it might be possible for a man to look down upon the earth and be an atheist, but I cannot conceive how he could look into the heaven and say there is no God."  ~  Abraham Lincoln


Gentle Readers and Loved Ones,

Back in January and Feb, I wrote about our sledding trip up into Yooper land here and here

I just found this photo of star trails and the Northern Lights taken near us at the same time we up there.


I found the photo here.  It is a 17 minute long timed exposure taken in  9°F clear, calm conditions on the shore of Lake Superior near Marquette, Michigan on Feb 18 2012 by astrophotographer Shawn Malone.  Click that link to read more.

There are more here.
 
On that note, I remain,

Dad / Geoff


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awe inspiring. If it doesn't make one believe, it will at least make them wonder.

It also looks like syfy effect of time travel or worm hole.

Herb